(PWR) Labor Day and Pittsburgh

From: mtoups@andrew.cmu.edu
Date: Sun Sep 01 2002 - 13:38:57 EDT

Greetings everyone,

We have been invited by SEIU Local 880 to
participate in the Pittsburgh Labor Day
Parade -- the second largest Labor Day
parade in the U.S.
(SEIU 880 represents the Janitors at CMU;
you may remember meeting them at least spring's
Living Wage film/teach-in)

Monday, Sept 2 (Labor Day 2002)
9:30AM
Mario Lemieux Place
(behind Mellon Arena)
(http://www.mapquest.com/maps/map.adp?country=US&addtohistory=&address=66+Mario+Lemieux+Place&city=pittsburgh&state=pa&zipcode=15219+&homesubmit.x=19&homesubmit.y=10)

Free SEIU t-shirts will be available.

If you are interested in going to the parade
as part of a group, or would like to come
to a planning meeting for where PWR is going
this semester, email me back.

Also, don't forget, IMF/WB globalization teach-in
tonight (Sunday), 7pm, David Lawrence Hall, Pitt.
Again, if you want to walk to Pitt tonigh with a group,
email me. Information on transportation to the Sept 27-28
protests will be available.

- matt